Camera views and octrees

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2009 at 8:43 PM
I finally got the Enterprise E to stay on screen when in chase camera view by updating the objects directly within the octree as opposed to extracting the ones in radius into a List<T> and then updating the octree with the updated objects.  However, now the Update() method for my Enterprise E is not being called, which means I can no longer control it with my wireless controller...
Coordinator
Feb 2, 2009 at 1:32 AM
The funny thing is, apparently my camera fustrum behaves differently on the XBox 360 then it does on Windows.  Right now the Dalek is always rendered on top of the Enterprise-E.  I think that is because it is the first node in the octree, so the XBox 360 renders it first.
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM
What I am trying to do now is traverse the octree and cull all the nodes not in the frustum, then render them in order of furthest away from the camera to the closest.  I got this going by culling all the nodes outside a certain distance from the player object, then using LINQ to cull the nodes outside the frustum and order them by distance to the player object by furthest to closest.  Now I'm trying to make this more efficient by culling for the frustum while traversing the octree, and inserting them into a List<T> based on the distance order.  However, I'm having trouble getting this going.